top of page
Sunset on Lake Samm.jpg


  • What if I need to improve the exterior of my home?
    Changes to the exterior of your home will require a Modification Form to be submitted to the Architectural Committee for approval. This is generally a very easy process, and our ACC is great about getting back quickly to our residents. One of our ACC members is an interior designer and is available to provide quick complimentary consults on changes you'd like to make. Modifications include (but not limited to): Exterior paint Roofing Fencing Significant landscape modifications Building and remodeling modifications Driveway
  • When do I need a permit?
    This is a great question for The City of Issaquah! Greenwood Point HOA isn't responsible for residents obtaining permits for interior or exterior projects on their home. However, that doesn't mean you don't need one! Most improvements on a residential lot within the City require a permit. The permitting department for the city has tons of info for you, and is very easy to use when applying for a permit. We're very lucky to have an online permitting portal on the Eastside!
  • Why should I call 811 before I dig?
    811 is the national call-before-you-dig phone number. It's free and so easy to use! Anyone who plans to dig should call 811 or go to their state 811 center’s website a few business days before digging to request that the approximate location of buried utilities be marked with paint or flags so that you don’t unintentionally dig into an underground utility line. 811 protects you and your community! Hitting a buried line while digging can disrupt utility service, cost money to repair, or cause serious injury or death. Always contact your 811 center, wait the required time for utilities to respond to your request, and ensure that all utilities have responded to your request before putting a shovel in the ground.
  • What if I need to remove trees from my property?
    There definitely are some rules about removing trees in Greenwood Point, but that is under the juristiction of The City of Issaquah. They have a handout to find out whether you require a notification or permit, and a whole page dedicated to tree removal. While you're not required to notify the board when you're removing or modifying trees, it's nice for us to know in case neighbors have questions.
  • What happens when a resident violates the rules or covenants?
    Please know how much our volunteer board cares for our residents. Our highest priority is to serve our neighbors with compassion and fairness. Occasionally we have a resident that may not know the rules, or we get a complaint from a neighbor and we have to take action. However, we have truly wonderful people living in this neighborhood, and we rarely have to issue notifications or fines for continued deviation to the CCRs, Bylaws and Rules. If for any reason you do receive a notification from our board or ACC, please know that we will do whatever we can to work kindly with you to resolve the issue. We live in GWP just like you, and maintaining a good relationship with our neighbors is incredibly important to us! Please see the Covenants & Forms page to download copies of our neighborhood CCR's, Bylaws, and Rules.
  • Can I park my boat in my driveway?
    As a lakeside community, we understand that many of our residents have watercrafts and trailers that make living here so much fun! Unfortunately, having those objects parked in driveways and on the street can make for unsightly views for the neighbors and we don't allow them to be parked there long-term. We do want to make it easy for our residents to do necessary regular maintenance or temporary storage, which is why you may see vessels parked at resident's homes for up to a week at a time.
  • Can I moor my boat at the neighborhood beach park?
    That's a great question for the City of Issaquah! You can contact Tina Contreras who is the DNR Aquatics Land Manager for our area. She can tell you whether you're able to moor a boat near the beach park and the subsequent permit(s) you may need for moorage. This isn't managed by the HOA or our neighborhood, so be sure to contact The City if you'd like to get a permit for this.
  • Who has access to the beach park?
    To be fair to our residents we ask that you do not invite friends and family to the park without you there. Our park can get very busy on sunny days and we want to make sure that those that live here can utilize the park comfortably. However, we realize that you may have friends or family in town occasionally, and that your children may have caretakers that will accompany them to the beach park. Children under the age of 12 should never be at the park unaccompanied by an adult, and dogs aren't allowed (sorry to all of our doggie friends!) Sometimes you'll need a vehicle to get all your fun beach toys and kiddos to the park! Please don't park in front of the red curb when you do - it's SUPER hard to navigate a kayak or wagon full of toddlers through the gate! The replacement key fee is $18 (no profit to the HOA). If you need a new key to the park, please contact the HOA treasurer and we'll arrange for you to pick one up.
  • How much are the HOA dues?
    Greenwood Point's neighborhood dues are only $250 a year! This small fee allows our volunteer HOA to maintain our shared spaces like the beach park, mailboxes, green belts, sidewalks, etc. Our treasurer has set up paperless ways for our residents to pay. As of 2022 Greenwood Point has gone green!
  • Can I volunteer for the board or plan a neighborhood event?
    Yes and yes please! We on the board love socializing with our neighbors. If you'd like to volunteer, please contact us and we'll get you started at our next board meeting.
bottom of page