MAY MONTHLY EMAIL
Updated: Sep 22, 2022
HELLO GREENWOOD POINT NEIGHBORS!
1. The board held their Monthly Meeting of the GPHOA on 4/21/22. April's meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
2. One home was sold in the trident (4416 187th Pl SE).
3. The Easter egg hunt held at the Beach Park on 4/16/22 was a great success with about 30 children participating. Major thanks to Kelly, Ryan, Judy, Lisa, Rania and Fernando for their efforts to make it happen for the neighborhood.
4. The Document Shredding Event on 4/30/22 at Meerwood Park also went well; thank you, Doris Ong, for arranging this helpful service.
5. Nicki updated the board members on our GPHOA website (https://www.greenwoodpointhoa.com/). Thank you, Nicki.
7. Water main replacements are underway to the East of 188th Ave SE. These are long overdue since they were installed in the 1970's, but you will see trucks and equipment parked along 188th Ave SE, so please be careful when navigating the area.
8. Community projects:
· Mailbox stand cover replacements continue. Ours was completed on SE 45th Pl and it looks great. The remainder will be completed by June.
· The board approved procuring a yard waste dumpster over the Memorial Day weekend to receive your Spring yard cleanup items
· Future beach park projects include: refreshing wood chips at the playset, fixing the drop-off at the South beach entrance, fixing the bench footings, adding sand to the beach, and updating the landscaping
PLEASE ENJOY YOUR BEACH PARK. Your HOA membership includes access to Lake Sammamish via the beach park and there's a beautiful lawn, picnic tables, a kids play area, and BBQ facilities waiting for you.
GREENWOOD POINT FACEBOOK GROUP. Though not affiliated with the GPHOA, there is a private Greenwood Point Facebook group you might be interested in joining. Neighborhood happenings and communications may be found here. The link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/469316523132049 .
· Fireworks on the evening of July 2nd (yes!)
· Informal 4th of July BBQ/get-together at the beach park; all day
· Ice Cream Social - Meerwood Park, Aug 22nd, 4:00-7:00PM
· Movie Night(s) at the beach park - TBD
1. If you have a home modification in mind, please obtain a form and submit to the A.C.C. for review. Submissions can either be mailed through USPS to the address on the form, or they can be scanned and emailed to the GPHOA at firstname.lastname@example.org. The forms are available at https://www.greenwoodpointhoa.com/covenants-forms.
2. Please remember to clean up after your pet when walking the area.
3. If you have an interest in joining our awesome team and supporting our neighborhood, these committees are a wonderful way to get to know your neighbors and the area and usually only need a time commitment of a couple hours a month. Retirees are especially welcome. Students get community service credit too! You may join any committee, but here's where we need immediate help:
· The Architectural Control Committee (ACC), which reviews design, remodel and related plans, is turning over membership and seeking new support
· Kelly needs help on the Social Committee, particularly, if you have an aptitude for arranging events and fun activities
Thank you for your interest in our neighborhood. The GPHOA Board looks forward to meeting and supporting you this year. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, would like to help, or just say hello, please respond to this email.
2022 GPHOA President